foxsign.JPG (12284 bytes) November 2014 Board Meeting Minutes

 

Home Board & Committees Social Facilities Photo Album Legal Stuff

 

Fox Run Homeowners Association (FRHOA) Board of Directors Meeting, November 12, 2014
 
Meeting began at 7 PM with Ann Baker, Christian Coulter, Joleen Dewald, Noel Gilbreath, John Larese, Phil Lovelace, Mike Ryon, Jeanie Stow, and Harry Tucker in attendance. Joleen presided as president. Meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM.
 
1)     Minutes from October Board of Directors' meeting were approved without change.
2)     Committee Updates
a)     Architect Review: No new plans were submitted this month.
b)     Covenant enforcement: A complaint was received about trailers and debris in a driveway. If       covenants are not followed, FRHOA board will assess a $150 monthly fee on violators after they have been given their 30-day violation notice. Unpaid fees can be recovered through court action
c)     Clubhouse: John arranged for a check of the heating system. Everything appeared okay, except they recommended replacing thermostats and going to disposable filters. Front door lock was tightened and a bulb replaced in a parking lot lamp. Louise will contact residents who have reserved the clubhouse over the holidays to help decorate it.
d)     Swimming pool: Pool house was winterized, pools covered, and pool chairs/lounges stored away. Lock at gate is still scheduled to be replaced.
e)     Tennis court: The timer on lights was repaired
f)       Social: Nancy Wentz is organizing another wine tasting event (Nov. 21). We will also look at having an adult gathering after holidays, maybe aimed at retirees.
g)     Landscape & Erosion: No new activity.
h)     Safety & Security: Joleen is planning a seminar on home security and emergency preparedness to be held at clubhouse. We discussed options for added neighborhood action including posting signs or installation of video system at front entrance.
i)       Good Works: Jeanie brought a Knox County publication, a help guideline for seniors, which we will look at making available to those interested. Ann has gotten very positive response for helpers at the Ronald McDonald House. We will also look at having an adult gathering after holidays, maybe aimed at retirees.
j)       Communication: Directory was printed and distributed. Web site needs to be updated, especially for links to architectural review committee and use of recreational facilities.
3)     Covenant Changes: Final votes for the covenant change were solicited. Next step is to work with lawyer to get changes registered.
4)     Financial Status: Christian provided an update on our finances. FRHOA expenses for October were $11,330, dues and fees collected were $626, and we have $134,273 our bank accounts. Most residents have paid dues for current fiscal year, with only about 8 in arrears. Christian has sent letters to these owners regarding payments.
5)     New Business: Harry brought up issue of synchronizing garbage pick-up in the neighborhood. Discussion included the range of prices offered within a company, and advantages to paying ahead for service.
6)     The next meeting was tentatively set for Wednesday, December 10, at 7 PM.